It’s an exciting time of year! I’m in southern California visiting my sister who is just about to give birth to her first child. The whole family can’t wait because she is the first of four siblings to have a baby. My parents will be welcoming their first grandchild and I’ll be a new auntie!
My mom is a retired midwife and had natural home-births with me and all my sisters. My sister will continue the tradition by having a natural birth at home with a midwife. I’m honored to have been asked to be present at the birth when it happens. I hope to share a little bit about my experience at my nephew’s birth and about home-birth in a future post!
My family and I are waiting (rather impatiently) for my sister to go into labor. Until then, I’ve been spending time with her, taking walks, enjoying the beautiful warm and sunny weather and making lots of tasty recipes to share with my family.
Below are a few recipes and interesting articles that I’ve found particularly intriguing that I’d like to share with you!
- Did you know you can make your own coconut oil deodorant? It’s so easy, and this recipe only has 2 ingredients!
- I love eggs and probably eat nutritious pastured eggs almost every day! Check out this post with a bunch of great egg recipes.
- Ghee is delicious and flavorful clarified butter that I love to use for cooking. Even though it’s so simple to make at home, I somehow haven’t gotten around to making it yet. It’s on my ever growing list of things to do! This ghee made easy post is in my bookmark list for when I finally get around to it.
- I always have a batch of kombucha brewing at my house. I use the continuous brew method to assure that I never run out!
- Do you ever have those nights where you just need a little chocolate? Me neither 😉 Here’s a flourless brownie recipe for nights like those.
- This real food simplified article is a great resource for making real food easier if you’re busy or overwhelmed.
- You can whiten your teeth naturally and avoid all those nasty store bought whitener chemicals!
- I never thought about fermenting fruit juice, but it’s a great idea. I’m going to try this fermented orange juice recipe!
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!