Ahh, springtime. I’d have to say that spring is the best time of year in Northern California. We get to enjoy the results of the many months of rain with the green grass, blooming flowers, and bright pink cherry blossoms. Today is Easter and this year I’ll be visiting my Aunt and Uncle’s house in the countryside in West Marin. My sister and cousins will be there as well. It’s always so cheerful being with all of them at that country house with lots of fresh food on the table, endless pots of tea, music and good laughs.
To help you enjoy the plenty that spring brings, I’ve selected a few recipes and articles that I’ve enjoyed this past month.
A Few of My Favorite Things: March 2013
- Considering all the junk that’s in store-bought cereals, I was happy to find this recipe for healthy homemade honey nut granola.
- A nice warm homemade soup can be so soothing. Check out this recipe for kale, lentil and butternut squash soup.
- Fermented pickles is one vegetable that I haven’t fermented yet. It’s next on my list!
- Why buy it at the store when you can make your own homemade almond milk?
- This homemade chocolate almond butter looks delightfully decadent!
- Most people agree that feeding your dog a raw food diet is optimal, but it can be expensive! Find out what to do when you can’t feed your dog a raw food diet.
- Check out these tips to make the most of your budget and still get high quality real food.
- I’ve really enjoyed reading this post about foraging for nettles. The pictures alone are worth it!
- I recently made my own homemade raw milk yogurt and it was incredibly delicious!
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!