A Blogger Potluck:
It’s so interesting meeting people in-person that you’ve only “known” on the internet. Caitlin, Sandrine, Robin, Courtney and I are all real food and holistic health bloggers. We had all read each other’s blogs, communicated through facebook and message boards, but never met face-to-face. Most people including myself tend to form an idea of someone based on their so-called “online personality”, yet they are always so different in person.
Of course, I was delighted by all of the real personalities of Caitlin, Sandrine, Robin, and Courtney. We instantly had so much to talk about considering our connection of blogging, real food and health. Needless to say it was a pleasure to meet and chat with these ladies minus the computer.
How we came together:
I had been interested in meeting some fellow bloggers in my area and a great opportunity came up to do so. After plans to stay on a Northern California farm fell through at the last minute, Courtney Polivka was stranded and looking for a place to go. Much to her benefit she had many VGN bloggers nearby who were happy to take her in.
I offered my house as a place for Courtney to stay (You can read more about Courtney’s stay with me here). When she decided to come I suggested that we have a pot luck with the other bloggers in San Francisco while she was here. Sandrine Love graciously opened up her home to us and the rest of us brought our own delicious dish. It was a wonderful night of great food, good laughs and interesting conversation.
The Blogger Potluck Menu:
You’re sure to have an amazing and nutritious spread when you have a potluck with food and health bloggers. Some of the dishes have accompanying recipes so you can make them at home!
Blogger Potluck Menu:
Vegetable Quiche (recipe below)- Hannah Healy of Healy Real Food Vegetarian
Leg of Lamb– Caitlin Weeks of Grass Fed Girl
Citrus and Avocado Salad (recipe below)- Robin Ray Green of Kids Love Acupuncture
Punjabi Cabbage & Parippu Lentils– Courtney Polivka of The Polivka Family
Hosted in the lovely home of Sandrine Love of Nourishing Our Children
Vegetable Quiche with Gluten Free Almond Flour Crust:
3 tbsp butter
5 cloves garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
3/4 cup whole milk
3/4 cup shredded cheese (where to buy grassfed cheese)
salt & pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
5 tbsp whole milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°. Mix together the crust ingredients. The crust dough wont be pliable like a pie crust dough. This style of crust is more of a crumbly pressed crust. Take dough and press firmly into a pie dish. Stick a fork in the crust in various places so it doesn’t puff up.
2. Heat crust in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. Then remove from oven and set aside.
3. In a skillet heat butter then add the chopped onions and garlic. Add rosemary and oregano. Cook until onions are almost but not completely clear then add spinach and cook until slightly wilted.
4. In a bowl whisk eggs, milk and shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper and sundried tomatoes and mix.
5. Add the onion and vegetables into the egg mixture then pour over pie crust and put it in the oven.
6. Let cook for 30-45 minutes at 375° until the egg mixture is set. You can sprinkle some extra cheese on top. Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Citrus and Avocado Salad by Robin Ray Green of Kids Love Acupuncture:
This salad was amazing. The addition of the cara cara oranges really gave the salad an extra punch. I had never even heard of these oranges before, but they are delightful, slightly sweet with a sour kick, like a mix between an orange and a grapefruit.
4-6 cups Baby Lettuce
1/2 cup shredded carrots
3 cara cara oranges
Champagne Citrus Dressing:
1 tbsp cara cara orange juice
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup champagne vinegar
1/2 tbsp raw honey
Blend in blender to make creamy
What are you favorite potluck recipes?
Get My FREE 10 Healthy Holiday Treats Recipe Ebook!
10 Healthy Holiday Treats is Totally Gluten-Free, Paleo & Dairy-Free!
Get instant access when you subscribe!