Now that the holiday season is here I’ve been thinking about fun little treats that would be great for festive seasonal parties or handmade gifts. These chocolate tuffles (paleo & vegan) are the perfect thing to wrap up in a nice tin and give out to friends and family!
Chocolate Truffles (Paleo & Vegan):
Makes about 10 truffles
Plus additional cacao powder for dusting
*to powder the coconut sugar, simply grind it in a coffee grinder like this one.
1. Soften the coconut oil by heating slightly, you don’t have to melt it all the way, but it helps if it’s soft and pliable. It’s ok if you melt the coconut oil, it will just have to be in the fridge longer. Pour the softened coconut oil into a bowl.
2. Add cacao powder, powdered coconut sugar and sea salt to the bowl and mix well. This is much easier if you have a hand blender or hand mixer. Once it is mixed it will be almost like thick chocolate frosting.
3. Put the mixture in the fridge for 5-15 minutes depending on the texture. If it is very liquidy, you’ll want to keep it in the fridge for a little longer. You want the mixture to harden just to the point that it is still pliable, sort of like cookie dough, because you will be rolling it into balls. Make sure you don’t leave it in the fridge for too long because coconut oil will harden quickly and you don’t want it to get too hard.
4. Once it has reached the right consistency, take the mixture out of the fridge and take small spoonfuls out and roll into a ball. Warning: your hands will get a little chocolatey! You can coat your hands in cacao powder to keep it form getting sticky.
5. Once you’ve rolled all the balls, coat them with cacao powder. The truffles are ready to be eaten! Make sure you store them in the fridge.
Click Here to Pin It!
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!