One thing I love about this slow cooker beef chili recipe from Down South Paleo is that it’s so easy and simple to make! The recipe is totally paleo and has no beans. Did you know traditionally that Texas chili doesn’t contain beans? So really, Texas chili is paleo anyway!
All the lovely spices like cumin and paprika plus additions like Worcester sauce give a really nice depth of flavor.
This was such a yummy meal to make earlier in the day and leave in the slow cooker until dinner…it basically makes itself! I made the tasty cornbread from the book along with it and it made the perfect hearty Texas meal.
About Down South Paleo
I am loving the new cookbook Down South Paleo by Jennifer Robins of Predominantly Paleo! As a gluten-free & mostly paleo person, it is hard to get southern food that I can actually eat. Everything seems to be breaded with wheat flour! But Jennifer’s book makes southern cooking accessible to all. I have enjoyed her blog Predominantly Paleo for a while and have noticed her skill with yuca dough which creates the best faux bread and dough.
Down South Paleo is packed with southern favorites like chicken and dumplings, biscuits & gravy, fried chicken, chili, hushpuppies, fried okra, and more! There are beautiful pictures to accompany nearly every recipe.
I can’t wait to make the grain-free pecan waffles and the chicken pot pie. This book will definitely be getting dirty in my kitchen!
- 1 pound grass-fed organic ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 large carrots chopped small
- 26 oz finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cumin
- Dairy-free sour cream
- Diced onions
- Sliced Jalapeños
- Place the grass fed ground beef in a medium-size skillet over high heat and brown, stirring, until no longer pink.
- Spoon it into your slow cooker, including the fat.
- Place the green bell pepper, onion, carrots and tomatoes into the slow cooker.
- Stir all the ingredients well, then add the remaining spices and seasonings.
- Stir once more, cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Top with dairy-free sour cream if desired, additional diced onions or jalapeños.
Like this Recipe? Pin It Here!
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!