Today is the first day of spring! Primavera means spring and what better way to use up all my remaining winter vegetables than in a gluten free pasta primavera dish. The thing I love about this dish is that it’s an easy and quick lunch or dinner to whip up in no time. I used brown rice pasta which you can find online through Jovial Foods who also provide Einkorn Pasta. The great thing about pasta primavera is the focus on plentiful vegetables, so feel free to swap out veggies for ones you have on hand. This is a very adaptable recipe!
Gluten-Free Pasta Primavera:
2-4 cups cooked pasta (where to buy Jovial gluten-free pasta)
1 small head broccoli
1 small head cauliflower
1-2 cups chopped kale
1 cup tomato sauce
5 cloves garlic
1 tsp italian seasoning
2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Cheese for topping- optional (where to buy organic non-gmo cheese)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Finely chop the broccoli, cauliflower and garlic so that they are almost minced.
3. In a large cast iron skillet heat butter or oil, add the finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes on medium high heat while continually stirring vegetables. Add Italian seasoning.
4. Add chopped kale and cook until slightly wilted then add tomato sauce and stir. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and stir. Taste the vegetables and see if the texture is to your liking, cook longer if you want the vegetables to be softer.
5. Place cooked pasta on a plate or bowl and top with vegetables. Sprinkle cheese on top and enjoy!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Disclosure of Material Connection: I occasionally have “sponsored posts” on my blog. The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!