These ginger snap cookies are so tasty! They’re the perfect winter treat to enjoy with a hot cup of apple cider, hot cocoa or spiced tea.
Ginger Snap Cookies:
Makes about 12 cookies
1/2 cup almond flour (Learn to make your own here)
1/3 cup coconut flour (Where to buy coconut flour)
2 tbsp arrowroot
3 tbsp ground flax seeds* soaked in 3 tbsp warm water
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil (Where to buy coconut oil)
1 tsp cinnamon (non-irradiated like this)
1 tsp ginger (non-irradiated like this)
1/2 tsp clove (non-irradiated like this)
2 tbsp molasses
*to grind the flax, use a coffee grinder like this one.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°. If you want to make your own almond flour see my tutorial here. In a small separate bowl mix together the ground flax seeds and warm water and let sit until it thickens and gels.
2. In a large mixing bowl or food processor mix together all the dry ingredients.
3. Melt the coconut oil, then place it along with the flax mixture, into the bowl or food processor and mix well. The dough will be thick.
4. Take a small bit of the dough and roll it into a ball then press down to make a cookie shape. Place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and repeat until all of the dough is gone.
5. Bake at 350° for about 10-15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
If you like this post give it a +1 below!
Click Here to Pin It!
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”