I have to say that these gluten-free or grain-free chocolate chip cookies are the best I’ve had! When baking grain-free I like to combine almond flour and coconut flour. I feel that what one flour lacks the other makes up for. Coconut flour alone can be a bit crumbly and almond flour can be a bit dense and heavy, but together they make a darn good cookie! I think Chocolate chip cookies may just be one of my favorite treats, so having a healthier version like this is a must!
For the chocolate chips I used this brand. I like them because they don’t contain GMOs or weird additives like soy lecithin.
Grain-free Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Makes 12-16 cookies
1 cup almond flour (how to make almond flour)
1/3 cup coconut flour (where to buy coconut flour)
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 pastured eggs
3/4 cup chocolate chips (I like this brand)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
2. In a food processor or mixer combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix well. Make sure you soften or melt the coconut oil so it’s easier to combine.
3. Gently fold in the chocolate chips manually with a spoon (do not mix it with the food processor or it will chop up all the chocolate chips).
4. Take small bits of the dough and shape into a round cookie and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly browned on top. If you feel the cookies right out of the oven they may feel a bit soft, but allow them to cool and they will harden.
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!