These paleo baked onion rings are such a fun snack for special occasions or a healthy alternative to superbowl or other sporting event snacks.
If you try to eat healthy, usually onion rings aren’t on the menu, but these ones are not fried in unhealthy oils and don’t contain wheat flour!
Paleo Baked Onion Rings:
1 large yellow onion
1/2 cup almond flour (How to make almond flour)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450°. Start by cutting the onion. First, cut off the two pointed ends of the onion then cut it into thick rings.
2. In one bowl, whisk the egg and mix in the other wet ingredients. Then, in a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, salt and garlic powder.
3. Set aside a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. With a fork dip one ring shaped onion slice into the wet ingredients, then place it in the dry ingredients so it gets coated with the flour mixture. Then place the coated ring on the cookie sheet. Repeat this process until all of the ingredients have been used up.
5. Place the rings in the oven set to 450° for about 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on the rings so they don’t burn. They should be browned on the edges when they’re done.
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!