With all the pie-making that is done during the holiday season, it’s nice to have a healthy go-to paleo vegan grain-free pie crust recipe! This pie crust is relatively easy to make considering that you don’t have to roll it out with a rolling pin…you just press it into the pie dish!
Grain-Free Pie Crust (Vegan):
Makes 8 or 9 inch crust
2/3 cup coconut flour (buy coconut flour here)
1 cup almond flour
6 tbsp ground flax seeds* soaked in 6 tbsp warm water
1/4 cup arrowroot
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup softened coconut oil (buy coconut oil here)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp honey
*to grind the flax seeds, blend them in a coffee grinder like this
1. In a small separate bowl, mix the ground flax seeds and warm water. Allow to sit until it gels.
2. Mix dry ingredients together in a food processor or mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients, including flax mixture and mix well. The result will be a thick crumbly dough-like consistency.
3. Use extra coconut oil or butter to grease a 8 or 9-inch pie dish. Crumble the dough evenly over the pie dish. You will not roll out the dough with a rolling pin like traditional crusts. You simply have to press the dough into the crust so it forms the pie dish shape.
4. Take a fork and puncture the crust a few times to avoid bubbling. Heat the oven to 350° and lightly pre-cook the crust for about 5 minutes.
5. Now you are ready to use your crust for pumpkin pie, pecan pie or any other treat you want to make!
Click Here to Pin It!
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!