This grain-free lasagna recipe uses hearty vegetables in place of pasta noodles. The result is veggie filled cheesy deliciousness! I brought this dish to a barbeque and it was quite popular! It doesn’t require too much effort and can be a fun weeknight dinner dish or a potluck favorite.
Grain-Free Vegetable Lasagna:
2 medium tomatoes
2 cups tomato sauce
15 oz. whole milk ricotta
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 pasture raised egg
1.5 tsp Italian seasoning
1/3 cup parmesan cheese (for topping)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°. Cut eggplant and zucchini into slices lengthwise (see photo below). Place on a baking sheet and lightly brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with a little bit of Italian seasoning and salt. Cook for about 7-10 minutes on each side (cook for about 7 minutes, flip slices, cook for another 7-10 minutes). When the veggies are done roasting remove from the oven and turn down to 350°.
2. In a bowl mix together ricotta, 1/4 cup parmesan, egg and Italian seasoning.
3. In an 8X8 pyrex baking dish spread a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce to cover the bottom. Place eggplant slices over the sauce like you would with lasagna noodles. Use all the eggplant slices. You can overlap with a second layer of eggplant. Then follow with enough tomato sauce to cover the eggplant and then follow with the ricotta mixture. Repeat process with zucchini and tomato slices. The top should be a layer of ricotta.
4. Sprinkle 1/3 cup parmesan cheese over the top.
5. Bake in 350° oven for 30-40 minutes. The cheese on top will start to brown and bubble.
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
This post was included in the following blog carnivals:
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!Subscribe to the FREE newsletter DISCLOSURE OF MATERIAL CONNECTION: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that align with the ideals of Healy Eats Real and that I believe would be of value to my readers. FDA DISCLOSURE: Information and statements regarding health claims on this blog have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.