I’m so excited to share with you how to make bath salts since it is so quick and easy to do! You can customize it to whichever scent you’d like. It’s also fun to mix and match essential oils for different uses like relaxation, invigoration, uplifting, skin health and more!
These beautiful jars of scented bath salts also make easy, inexpensive gifts for friends and family. They probably cost less than $2 per jar, yet stores sell natural bath salts for upwards of $10 per jar!
How Essential Oils Have Changed My Life:
Essential oils have completely changed my life – and trust me, I was a skeptic when I was first introduced to them. How could sniffing a scent or rubbing an oil on my skin help to improve my health or wellbeing? There is ample scientific research to support the therapeutic benefits of essential oils, but you’re probably more interested to know how essential oils have helped me…
Essential oils have replaced many everyday products that I used to spend a fortune on. I now clean my home with oil-infused natural cleaners rather than toxic chemicals from the supermarket, for example. I cleanse my face with oil-infused natural products too. I have replaced almost all my own bath and beauty products with my own natural homemade products with essential oils. I use essential oils every day to support a health immune system, endocrine system, respiratory system and my overall wellness. And everyone in the family benefits from using calming essential oils in the diffuser before bedtime!
Why I Only Use Young Living Essential Oils:
Yes, you can buy essential oils anywhere, but they are not always going to be pure and 100% therapeutic grade!
I’ve done a lot of research into this and found that many of the essentials oils found in health food stores, specialty stores, boutiques and even online stores are NOT 100% essential oils. The plants used to make them may be exposed to pesticides and other toxins, even if they’re organic they may be processed with chemical solvents or even combined with synthetic fragrances thereby degrading their therapeutic quality. You never really know what you’re going to get.
Store-bought essential oils are not required to include the ingredients on their labels and the term “natural” or “pure” is not regulated by any governing body. So store-bought oils may say “pure” and “natural” but they may still have synthetic additives. Almost all store-bought essential oils contain a warning “do not ingest”…this is usually an indication that they are not pure. Young Living essential oils are one of the only Essential Oils that are cleared as dietary supplements…this also means that they are regulated and required to disclose all ingredients on the label, which is always unadulterated oils.
I choose Young Living Essential Oils for a few different reasons:
- They grow their own organic plants that they use for the oils, so you know there is no pesticide or chemical fertilizer residue in your oils. You can even visit their farms all over the world! They are very transparent about their farming practices—something that is virtually unheard of with any other essential oil company.
- They also make sure the oils are pure by distilling the oils at low temperature and pressure in stainless steel chambers to maintain the delicate therapeutic compounds in the oils.
- Young living also goes to great lengths to guarantee and test oil purity and strength. Their oils are of the best quality and are safe and effective.
- As a Young Living customer, you automatically become a member of a big oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users. I’ve been using my oils for a long time, but I still reach out to the our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
Essential Oils You Should Have in Your Home
Some of the best and most versatile oils to use in many health and wellness applications are lavender, frankincense, peppermint, lemon and some special Young Living blends like thieves and purification.
If you’re interested in getting into the many amazing uses of essential oils, I highly recommend the Young Living premium starter kit. It is an amazing value and contains all of the oils mentioned above, plus a home oil diffuser. When you sign up with me, I also send you FREE sign up gifts worth over $40! Click here to see the full list of products in the premium starter kit and this months sign-up gift.
How to Make Bath Salts with Essential Oils:
- 2 cups epsom salts
- 15-25 drops Young Living essential oils
- 1 pint jar
- Optional: you can add other things like dried lavender, rosemary springs or thyme sprigs to add to the jar!
- Lavender + Bergamot (Relaxing)
- Stress Away (Calming)
- Tea Tree + Elemi (Good for the skin)
- PanAway (Great for after a workout)
- Peppermint + Lemon (Invigorating)
- Ylang Ylang + Frankincense (to support a good mood)
- Joy + Grapefruit (Uplifting)
- Place the epsom salts in a jar, then place the essential oil drops over the epsom salts and shake the jar to disperse the essential oils. If you are adding optional materials like dried lavender add them after shaking the salts with the essential oils.
- It's best to add the essential oils onto epsom salts instead of adding the essential oils straight to the bath water because they float to the top of the water. The epsom salts help them disperse throughout the bath!
Click Here to Pin It!
FREE 14-Day Essential Oils E-Course
Learn how essential oils can support a healthy immune system, digestion, skin, sleep & more!