I love this mini tomato spinach frittata recipe because it’s a great quick and easy dinner. For me, frittatas are the perfect meal when you’re tired and don’t want to make a big fuss in the kitchen, but don’t want to succumb to the take-out junk. Frittatas are simple, yet nutritious and they are versatile enough to switch out with ingredients you have on hand. It’s about as much effort (or less) that you put into a simple pasta with tomato sauce, but looks a little fancier!
Since I was cooking for two on this recipe, I used my mini cast iron skillet. You can easily double the recipe to make a larger batch in a 10 or 12 inch skillet.
Mini Tomato Spinach Frittata:
1/2 cup spinach
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°. In a 5 or 6 inch cast iron skillet melt the butter on medium-high heat then cook the chopped onions and garlic and until almost see through.
2. In a separate bowl beat eggs, then add tomato sauce, cheese, salt and pepper and mix.
3. Sprinkle onions with italian seasoning then add the spinach to the skillet and cook until slightly wilted.
4. Turn the heat down a little then add the egg mixture to the pan and gently stir by scraping the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Once the sides have started to cook a little (a few minutes) put the skillet in the oven.
5. Cook for about 10-20 minutes. Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Get My FREE 10 Healthy Holiday Treats Recipe Ebook!
10 Healthy Holiday Treats is Totally Gluten-Free, Paleo & Dairy-Free!
Get instant access when you subscribe!