I’m so excited to share this new natural deodorant recipe for sensitive skin! I’ve tried so many different natural deodorants and none of them were quite right. I’ve tried making my own deodorant with other recipes, but it was too harsh and it irritated my skin. I’ve tried buying natural deodorant at the store, but that just plain didn’t work!
I needed a strong deodorant that works, but wont irritate my sensitive skin, so I came up with my own!
This recipe only has a small amount of baking soda in it (some other recipes contain a lot of baking soda which tends to irritate my skin). If you are hyper-sensitive to baking soda you can omit it from this recipe. Another unique thing about this recipe is that I use a special Young Living blend of essential oil called Purification, which neutralizes bad odors and can even help with itchy skin—so if you tend to get itchy armpits from deodorant, purification can help!
You can get purification essential oil here. I use Young Living essential oils for pretty much all of my natural DIY home and beauty recipes (and it’s saved me a lot of money to make my own stuff!) and for health treatments as well. You can check out all the ways I use essential oils here.
Why I use Young Living Essential Oils:
Yes, you can buy essential oils anywhere, but they are not always going to be pure and 100% therapeutic grade, which means that they may be adulterated with synthetic compounds and might not even be effective for the therapeutic uses that you want them for!
I choose Young Living Essential Oils for a few different reasons. They grow their own organic plants that they use for the oils, so you know there is no pesticide or chemical fertilizer residue in your oils. They also make sure the oils are pure by distilling the oils at low temperature and pressure in stainless steel chambers to maintain the delicate therapeutic compounds in the oils. Young living also goes to great lengths to guarantee and test oil purity and strength. Their oils are of the best quality and are safe and effective.
Essential Oils You Should Have in Your Home:
Some of the best and most versatile oils to use in many health and wellness applications are lavender, frankincense, peppermint, lemon and some special Young Living blends like thieves and purification.
If you’re interested in getting into the many amazing uses of essential oils, I highly recommend the premium starter kit. It is an amazing value and contains all of the oils mentioned above, plus a home oil diffusor and a special sign-up gift from me! Click here to see the full list of products in the premium starter kit and this months sign-up gift.
Natural Deodorant Recipe:
- Set up your muffin cups so they're ready to go. You'll need 3 muffin liners in a muffin tray.
- Set up a double boiler over high heat and place the beeswax in the top bowl to melt. It may take a little while to melt so be patient and allow it to melt fully. Beeswax can be a bit tricky to work with since it hardens so fast, so make sure you follow the directions closely.
- While the beeswax is melting combine all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside. Add the essential oils to the dry ingredients.
- Once the beeswax is fully melted, add the coconut oil while stirring. It may clump up a little bit, but don't worry, just keep stirring until its melted.
- Turn off the heat. Next, you will add the the dry ingredients, but it will begin to harden very quickly, so make sure you are stirring continuously while you pour in the dry ingredients. If you have a hand mixer, this can be helpful to use to mix at this point.
- Once the dry and wet ingredients are fully mixed, add them to the muffin cups and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes to harden.
FREE 14-Day Essential Oils E-Course
Learn how essential oils can support a healthy immune system, digestion, skin, sleep & more!