I had a feeling I would love this PrimalFat blend from Pure Indian Foods. An organic blend of grass fed ghee and virgin coconut oil? What’s not to love!
I hear a lot of complaints about how sautéing with virgin coconut oil gives a sweet coconut flavor to the food which many don’t like in savory dishes (including myself), but coconut oil is so healthy that people want to be able to use it everyday. Well, this PrimalFat is a great solution. It tastes buttery like ghee, but contains coconut oil too!
This cooking oil is versatile in that it goes perfectly with something sweet or something savory. I used it to make my paleo pumpkin pancakes this morning and it was delish! I also sautéed some veggies in it and the coconut flavor was barely detectable, it just had a hint that lends nicely to the dish.
Here are a few reasons why I like this PrimalFat blend from Pure Indian Foods:
- The rich buttery flavor of the ghee masks the coconutty flavor of the coconut oil. Great for savory cooking.
- High smoke point
- Combines the healthy fat-soluble vitamins in ghee with the medium-chain fatty acids in coconut oil.
- Great for those with dairy allergies/intolerance, since ghee has the lactose and casein removed.
- You benefit from the metabolism boosting coconut oil without too much sweet coconut flavor.
- It’s shelf stable, does not require refrigeration and is not susceptible to rancidity.
Get My FREE 10 Healthy Holiday Treats Recipe Ebook!
10 Healthy Holiday Treats is Totally Gluten-Free, Paleo & Dairy-Free!
Get instant access when you subscribe!