These little flourless muffins are so great. They’re nut-free, grain-free, dairy-free and don’t use coconut, for those of you who are allergic!
I recently got an email from a friend who’s child is sensitive to grains, coconut and almonds, so it makes grain-free baking really difficult considering that most recipes use almond flour or coconut flour. So, It got me thinking about developing a recipe that didn’t use either of those flours and I came up with this! I’m so pleased with the result.
Note: This recipe will not work as regular sized muffins.
Pumpkin Banana Mini Flourless Muffins:
Makes 12 mini muffins
Supplies needed: mini muffin tin
1 medium banana
3/4 cup cooked pumpkin or sweet potato (roasted- no skin)
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp ground flax* soaked in 3 tbsp warm water
3 tbsp arrowroot
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tbsp coconut sugar or muscovado sugar
* to grind flax process in a coffee/spice grinder like this
1. Pre heat oven to 325°. In a small bowl mix the ground flax and warm water together and allow to gel. Mash the banana and pumpkin together in a separate bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients to the banana pumpkin mixture including the flax mixture. Make sure there are no lumps. I used a hand blender to make mixing easier.
3. Place mini muffin liners in the mini muffin tin and scoop the batter into the muffin liners. You can fill it until the muffin liner is almost full with batter. It will rise a little bit, but not enough to overflow.
4. Bake at 325° for about 30 minutes. Make sure you let the muffins cool to set before eating.
Click Here to Pin It!
Get My FREE 10 Healthy Holiday Treats Recipe Ebook!
10 Healthy Holiday Treats is Totally Gluten-Free, Paleo & Dairy-Free!
Get instant access when you subscribe!