Today, I’m happy to bring to you a guest post recipe from Lauren at Mindful Mama. She’s created a delicious vanilla bean fruit tart that looks so good. I’m drooling just looking at the photos! This would be a great recipe to share with friends or family at a party or holiday. You can learn more about Lauren at the bottom of this post or on her real food blog Mindful Mama.
From Lauren at Mindful Mama:
I’ve had this unclear vision of a delicious dessert sitting before me with flaky crust and creamy filling. It was blurry, but now it is crystal clear. In fact, I indulged in it today. This is not only gluten-free, but grain-free, made with a moderate amount of whole-food sweeteners and mostly lactose-free. This truly is a gourmet grain-free, vegetarian dessert that is easy to make and has common ingredients you probably have in your pantry. Perfect!
Sweet Vanilla Bean Fruit Tart (grain-free) from Mindful Mama:
- In food processor mix all crust ingredients, pulsing until forms dough. Chill in refrigerator until cold and firm, 20 minutes.
- With almond flour sprinkled on your hands pat down the dough into ungreased tart pan. Make fork marks throughout bottom.
- Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes until turning golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Beat egg yolks and sweetener on high with mixer until thick and forming soft peaks, 5 full minutes.
- Heat coconut milk on stovetop on low until simmering. Remove from heat, add vanilla bean and extract and cool slightly (2 minutes).
- Put back on low burner, and slowly add egg/syrup to coconut milk, stirring frequently for 10 minutes until thickened and smooth.
- The last minute sprinkle arrowroot in and stir until absorbed.
- Place in fridge with plastic wrap touching custard, for 1 hour.
- Take out custard and stir well until smooth. Pour custard filling into tart shell, arranging kiwi and raspberries in a pretty fashion (or whichever fruit delights you!). Place in fridge for another hour for the custard to set completely with fruit. Now wow your friends, and enjoy thoroughly.
About the author: Lauren is emergency department RN, doula and soon to be nutritional therapy consultant. Her heart is to encourage mothers to greater mindfulness in their decisions related to their family’s health. Her experience and growth in natural health has come primarily from mothering her three beautiful young children. Growing up in an Italian family she is passionate about real food– that tastes delicious! Currently, her family is following the GAPS diet in order to address digestive symptoms and other lingering health problems. Her and her counseling husband are planning on living overseas as missionaries in the next couple years, where she aspires to support international workers in maintaining healthy lifestyles. She presently lives in upstate NY, near family and friends, enjoying time together before her family moves overseas. Visit her at Mindfulmama.org
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!