Today’s post will be on lavender oil uses, but will also be part of a series of posts on essential oils. I’ve recently gotten into essential oils to support my mood and health, but in the process have discovered about a million other amazing uses for them!
As I learn more and more about essential oils, I want to share my journey with you.
How Essential Oils Have Changed My Life:
Essential oils have completely changed my life – and trust me, I was a skeptic when I was first introduced to them. How could sniffing a scent or rubbing an oil on my skin help to improve my health or wellbeing? There is ample scientific research to support the therapeutic benefits of essential oils, but you’re probably more interested to know how essential oils have helped me…
Essential oils have replaced many everyday products that I used to spend a fortune on. I now clean my home with oil-infused natural cleaners rather than toxic chemicals from the supermarket, for example. I cleanse my face with oil-infused natural products too. I have replaced almost all my own bath and beauty products with my own natural homemade products with essential oils. I use essential oils every day to support a health immune system, endocrine system, respiratory system and my overall wellness. And everyone in the family benefits from using calming essential oils in the diffuser before bedtime!
Why I Only Use Young Living Essential Oils:
Yes, you can buy essential oils anywhere, but they are not always going to be pure and 100% therapeutic grade!
I’ve done a lot of research into this and found that many of the essentials oils found in health food stores, specialty stores, boutiques and even online stores are NOT 100% essential oils. The plants used to make them may be exposed to pesticides and other toxins, even if they’re organic they may be processed with chemical solvents or even combined with synthetic fragrances thereby degrading their therapeutic quality. You never really know what you’re going to get.
Store-bought essential oils are not required to include the ingredients on their labels and the term “natural” or “pure” is not regulated by any governing body. So store-bought oils may say “pure” and “natural” but they may still have synthetic additives. Almost all store-bought essential oils contain a warning “do not ingest”…this is usually an indication that they are not pure. Young Living essential oils are one of the only Essential Oils that are cleared as dietary supplements…this also means that they are regulated and required to disclose all ingredients on the label, which is always unadulterated oils.
I choose Young Living Essential Oils for a few different reasons:
- They grow their own organic plants that they use for the oils, so you know there is no pesticide or chemical fertilizer residue in your oils. You can even visit their farms all over the world! They are very transparent about their farming practices—something that is virtually unheard of with any other essential oil company.
- They also make sure the oils are pure by distilling the oils at low temperature and pressure in stainless steel chambers to maintain the delicate therapeutic compounds in the oils.
- Young living also goes to great lengths to guarantee and test oil purity and strength. Their oils are of the best quality and are safe and effective.
- As a Young Living customer, you automatically become a member of a big oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users. I’ve been using my oils for a long time, but I still reach out to the our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
Essential Oils You Should Have in Your Home
Some of the best and most versatile oils to use in many health and wellness applications are lavender, frankincense, peppermint, lemon and some special Young Living blends like thieves and purification.
If you’re interested in getting into the many amazing uses of essential oils, I highly recommend the Young Living premium starter kit. It is an amazing value and contains all of the oils mentioned above, plus a home oil diffuser. When you sign up with me, I also send you FREE sign up gifts worth over $40! Click here to see the full list of products in the premium starter kit and this months sign-up gift.
Top 15 Lavender Oil Uses:
1. Support Good Sleep
- Put 6-10 drops in a bath with epsom salts or diffuse 5-8 drops before bedtime.
- Apply Young Living lavender topically on the wrists or behind the ears.
- Make a linen spray. In a 2oz spray bottle combine 10 drops lavender and fill the rest with water. Shake before using and spray on your linens.
2. Maintain Healthy Skin
- Make your own body butter with lavender or add a few drops to your favorite lotion
- Combine a couple drops with coconut oil, almond oil or jojoba oil and rub on your skin.
3. Scented Sugar Scrub
4. Natural Perfume
- Mix lavender along with other favorite essential oils for your own DIY perfume recipe!
5. DIY deodorant
- Add lavender to your homemade non-toxic deodorant for a fresh smell!
6. Scented Bath Salts
- Make your own natural bath salts with just 2 ingredients!
7. Dryer Balls
- Did you know dryer sheets are full of harmful toxins? Ditch the dryer sheets and opt for natural wool dryer balls, then add a couple drops of lavender straight to the dryer balls to give your clothes a fresh lavender scent.
8. Diaper Balm
- When taking care of your little one, you want to be sure that they get the healthiest products possible, so what could be healthier than homemade? Make your own diaper balm with the most gentle essential oil…lavender!
9. Lip Balm
- Make a soothing lip balm with a few natural ingredients and lavender!
- Add a little lavender to some coconut oil and use it as a super simple lip moisturizer.
10. Facial Toner
- Make your own non-toxic facial toner and add lavender to it to support your skin!
11. Baby Wipes
- Make gentle baby wipes with lavender!
12. Bubble Bath
- Add lavender to your bubble bath for a relaxing bath.
- Make your own DIY bubble bath.
- Add a few drops of lavender to your massage oil.
- Make your own massage oil with almond oil and lavender. It will be the most relaxing massage you’ve ever had!
14. Air Freshener
- Everyone loves the smell of lavender! Create your own air freshener by combining 10 drops lavender in a 2oz spray bottle and fill the rest with water. Shake before using.
- Diffuse lavender along with other favorite essential oils to freshen up any room.
- Ok maybe not anything, but Lavender is called the “swiss army knife” of essential oils because it is so versatile and has so many uses. I always say, “when in doubt, try lavender!”. So if you’re not sure which oil to use, try lavender!
Get Your FREE “5-Minute Essential Oil Recipes” Ebook & Join the Essential Oils E-Course!
Get easy 5-minute EO recipes to detox your home. PLUS join the email course to learn how essential oils can support a healthy immune system, digestion, skin, sleep & more!
Get My FREE "6 Easy Tips to Quit Sugar" Guide!
Get instant access when you subscribe!