Now that the holidays are here it’s officially time to make christmas cookies! One of my favorite types is gingerbread cookies! The spiced molasses flavor is one of my favorites and perfectly accompanies a cup of hot cider or hot cocoa.
Paleo Vegan Gingerbread Cookies:
1/2 cup almond flour (how to make almond flour)
1/3 cup coconut flour (Where to buy coconut flour)
2 tbsp arrowroot
3 tbsp ground flax seeds* soaked in 3 tbsp warm water
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil (Where to buy coconut oil)
1 tsp cinnamon (non-irradiated like this)
1 tsp ginger (non-irradiated like this)
1/2 tsp clove (non-irradiated like this)
2 tbsp molasses
*To grind flax seeds, grind in a small coffee/spice grinder like this
1 can of full fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl mix ground flax seeds with warm water. Let it sit until the mixture thickens and gels.
2. In a food processor or mixing bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Then add flax mixture and melted coconut oil and remaining wet ingredients.
3. Sprinkle a cutting board or countertop with almond flour (do not use coconut flour or arrowroot because it will dry out the cookies). Roll out the cookie dough with a rolling pin until it’s flat and even. It should be about 1/4 of an inch thick or less. Use gingerbread men cookie cutters to cut out as many gingerbread men as you have room to do.
4. Place the gingerbread men cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Roll the remaining dough into a ball and use the rolling pin to roll it flat again. Cut out more gingerbread men and repeat this process until the dough is gone.
6. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes. Let cool.
1. To make the frosting make sure you’ve refrigerated a can of full fat coconut milk overnight. Open the can and scoop out the hardened coconut cream from the top and discard the clear thin liquid left at the bottom.
3. Use a piping bag to create designs with the frosting. Keep the frosted gingerbread men refrigerated.
Click Here to Pin It!
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Get My FREE "6 Easy Tips to Quit Sugar" Guide!
Get instant access when you subscribe!