This ‘How Pycnogenol Supports Natural Osteoarthritis Treatment’ post is sponsored by Pycnogenol®. I only recommend products that I have personally tried and believe are of value to my readers. All opinions in this post are my own.
Although diet and lifestyle are important factors when it comes to managing osteoarthritis, sometimes extra support is needed. Promising research has shown that Pycnogenol, which comes from French maritime pine tree bark, can aid in natural osteoarthritis treatment.
Many arthritis sufferers end up taking NSAIDs which come with a whole host of unwanted side effects. Pycnogenol has emerged as a natural way to support discomfort from osteoarthritis and is supported by science.
What is Osteoarthritis?
Osteoarthritis is a form of arthritis specifically affecting the joints. It develops when the cartilage between joints begins to wear down which causes pain, stiffness and in some cases, immobility. Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis with over 30 million adults in the United States suffering from it.
- Joint pain
- Stiffness in joints especially after sleeping
- Loss of flexibility
- Tender joints
- Bone spurs
What is Pycnogenol?
Pynogenol is a natural antioxidant that comes from the bark of French maritime pine trees. It contains procyanidins, bioflavonoids and phenolic acids which all contribute to its powerful natural health benefits.
- Powerful antioxidant which can help to combat inflammatory free radicals
- Helps to promote the body’s natural production of hyaluronic acid by binding to collagen and elastin.
- Natural anti-inflammatory
- Supports healthy blood circulation
Research Studies on Pycogenol’s Effect on Osteoarthritis Treatment
A new study came out earlier this year that showed just how effective Pycnogenol is in helping with osteoarthritis. The research revealed that daily use of Pycnogenol helped improve osteoarthritis symptoms and reduced the need for NSAID painkillers. 62% of study participants reported that they reduced the use of NSAIDs thanks to the use of Pycnogenol.
Another study published in 2017 found that Pycnogenol’s special combination of antioxidants and bioflavonoids are directly distributed to joints which can help to reduce underlying inflammation that contributes to joint discomfort.
How to take Pycnogenol for Natural Osteoarthritis Treatment Support
Research recommends, people take 100 to 200mg per day taken as a daily supplement. Be sure to check with your doctor before starting any new supplements like Pycnogenol to make sure it doesn’t interact with any medications.
Natural Diet & Lifestyle Tips for Osteoarthritis Treatment
- Remove inflammatory foods from the diet like processed food, processed oils, sugar, grains, dairy and factory farmed meat.
- Focus on anti-inflammatory foods like organic vegetables and fruit, grass-fed and pasture raised meats, wild fish and seafood and healthy fats. Consider an autoimmune protocol diet.
- Work on reducing stress and practicing meditation, yoga or other forms of relaxation.