This simple sugar scrub is such an easy DIY natural gift to make for friends or family. The thing I love about sugar scrubs is they are so easy to make and they are so versatile! You can add whichever essential oils you want to get different scents and different benefits from the scrub. For example, a peppermint scrub is very invigorating while a lavender scrub is more relaxing. There are so many uses for essential oils, so using them with a scrub is a great way to explore them!
How Essential Oils Have Changed My Life:
Essential oils have completely changed my life – and trust me, I was a skeptic when I was first introduced to them. How could sniffing a scent or rubbing an oil on my skin help to improve my health or wellbeing? There is ample scientific research to support the therapeutic benefits of essential oils, but you’re probably more interested to know how essential oils have helped me…
Essential oils have replaced many everyday products that I used to spend a fortune on. I now clean my home with oil-infused natural cleaners rather than toxic chemicals from the supermarket, for example. I cleanse my face with oil-infused natural products too. I have replaced almost all my own bath and beauty products with my own natural homemade products with essential oils. I use essential oils every day to support a health immune system, endocrine system, respiratory system and my overall wellness. And everyone in the family benefits from using calming essential oils in the diffuser before bedtime!
Why I Only Use Young Living Essential Oils:
Yes, you can buy essential oils anywhere, but they are not always going to be pure and 100% therapeutic grade!
I’ve done a lot of research into this and found that many of the essentials oils found in health food stores, specialty stores, boutiques and even online stores are NOT 100% essential oils. The plants used to make them may be exposed to pesticides and other toxins, even if they’re organic they may be processed with chemical solvents or even combined with synthetic fragrances thereby degrading their therapeutic quality. You never really know what you’re going to get.
Store-bought essential oils are not required to include the ingredients on their labels and the term “natural” or “pure” is not regulated by any governing body. So store-bought oils may say “pure” and “natural” but they may still have synthetic additives. Almost all store-bought essential oils contain a warning “do not ingest”…this is usually an indication that they are not pure. Young Living essential oils are one of the only Essential Oils that are cleared as dietary supplements…this also means that they are regulated and required to disclose all ingredients on the label, which is always unadulterated oils.
I choose Young Living Essential Oils for a few different reasons:
- They grow their own organic plants that they use for the oils, so you know there is no pesticide or chemical fertilizer residue in your oils. You can even visit their farms all over the world! They are very transparent about their farming practices—something that is virtually unheard of with any other essential oil company.
- They also make sure the oils are pure by distilling the oils at low temperature and pressure in stainless steel chambers to maintain the delicate therapeutic compounds in the oils.
- Young living also goes to great lengths to guarantee and test oil purity and strength. Their oils are of the best quality and are safe and effective.
- As a Young Living customer, you automatically become a member of a big oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users. I’ve been using my oils for a long time, but I still reach out to the our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
Essential Oils You Should Have in Your Home
Some of the best and most versatile oils to use in many health and wellness applications are lavender, frankincense, peppermint, lemon and some special Young Living blends like thieves and purification.
If you’re interested in getting into the many amazing uses of essential oils, I highly recommend the Young Living premium starter kit. It is an amazing value and contains all of the oils mentioned above, plus a home oil diffuser. When you sign up with me, I also send you FREE sign up gifts worth over $40! Click here to see the full list of products in the premium starter kit and this months sign-up gift.
5-Minute Simple Sugar Scrub Recipe:
- Place the sugar or salt (for salt scrub) in a jar and add the oil over it, then add the essential oils. Screw the top on the jar and allow the oil to disperse over the sugar (I find that the texture is better if you let the oil combine with the sugar rather than shaking the jar).
Like this post? Share the video on Facebook below!
Get Your FREE “5-Minute Essential Oil Recipes” Ebook & Join the Essential Oils E-Course!
Get easy 5-minute EO recipes to detox your home. PLUS join the email course to learn how essential oils can support a healthy immune system, digestion, skin, sleep & more!
Get My FREE "6 Easy Tips to Quit Sugar" Guide!
Get instant access when you subscribe!