This post is sponsored by Terry Naturally®, but I only recommend products and services that I have personally tried and believe are of value to my readers. All opinions in this post are my own.
If you are occasionally feeling tired, stressed or moody you may want to make sure you’re maintaining a healthy cortisol balance. Did you know specific vitamins can support your body’s cortisol levels† to keep you feeling your best?*.
Do you feel tired? Are you having trouble focusing? Is your mood low often?
Supporting healthy cortisol levels may be just the thing you need to stay alert and energized. Keep reading to find out the best recommendations on how to promote balanced cortisol.*†
What is Cortisol?
Cortisol is a stress hormone. It is produced in the adrenal glands and releases in response to stressful situations varying from low-grade stress like work demands to high-grade stress like a family tragedy.*^
How Cortisol Affects Energy & Mood
When we endure stress^, this causes the body to produce the hormone cortisol. The result can be feeling revved up or feeling fatigued at the same time. Supporting balanced levels of cortisol is key to optimal health.
When your cortisol is balanced at healthy levels you’ll notice several key things like…
- Good energy levels
- Healthy libido
- Good mood
- Healthy weight maintenance††
- Ability to focus and concentrate*
How to Support Healthy Cortisol Levels*†
Having balanced hormones including healthy cortisol levels can help us feel better in a myriad of ways. When we have healthy cortisol levels we have more energy, have better moods and experience better brain function. There are a few lifestyle and nutrition changes one can make to support healthy cortisol levels*†…
Lifestyle changes to support healthy cortisol levels*†
- Sleep– Our bodies need solid rest. Aiming for about 8+ hours of sleep per night helps to support healthy cortisol levels.
- Exercise– Contrary to popular belief, more exercise is not always better. If you are experiencing occasional fatigue, sticking to low-impact exercise is best. Try things like yoga, swimming or bike riding for a while before going back to more intense exercise.
- Nutrition– Having a healthy diet is an important part of keeping our cortisol levels balanced. Avoid processed foods, excess sugar and alcohol. Focus on veggies, fruits, healthy fats, fish and protein.
Best vitamins to support healthy cortisol levels*†
- B Vitamins– B vitamins are a key nutrient when it comes to supporting healthy energy levels, metabolism, mood and blood sugar.† Many supplements contain B vitamins that are difficult for the body to absorb. Cortisol Rescue contains B-vitamins in a bioactive form that your body can easily recognize.*†
- Vitamin C– The adrenal glands need Vitamin C to work properly. When you are stressed your body tends to use up Vitamin C more than usual, so getting enough is an important tool in maintaining healthy cortisol levels.*†
- DHEA– The body’s production of DHEA is connected to focus, energy and libido. Although it is naturally produced by the adrenal glands, supplemental sources have been shown to support healthy cortisol balance.*†
Cortisol Rescue to Support Healthy Cortisol Balance*†
Cortisol Rescue combines all three vitamins listed above (Vitamin C, B Vitamins and DHEA) to support healthy cortisol levels. If I am in a period of occasional stress, I like to take one Cortisol Rescue capsule two times a day to support healthy cortisol levels.*†
Below are some great benefits to Cortisol Rescue*†:
- Helps keep stress in balance^
- Supports energy and focus
- Promotes healthy weight management††
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels†
- Maintains positive mood
- Supports libido*
Click here to learn more about Cortisol Rescue*†
†Supports healthy levels already within normal range
††In conjunction with a health diet and exercise regimen
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.