This date sweetened brownie recipe really hit the spot! I was fiending for chocolate last night and thought that these would be the perfect cure. This date sweetened brownie recipe is delicious and just the right amount of sweetness despite having no processed sugar in it. The texture is perfect; moist, fudgy squares that melt in your mouth! And, they’re still totally vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free!
Date Sweetened Brownie Recipe:
8 dates soaked in 1/4 cup warm water
3 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (I like this brand because it’s 100% cacao)
1/2 cup coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp ground flax seeds soaked in 2 tbsp water
4 tbsp whole milk or coconut milk (where to buy bpa free coconut milk)
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°. Remove the pits from the dates and soak in 1/4 cup warm water for a few minutes. Then, in another bowl combine ground flax seeds and water and allow to congeal.
2. Using a double boiler, melt the baking chocolate and coconut oil together.
3. Put the dates and water in a food processor and chop into a paste. Add flax mixture, almond milk and vanilla. Then, add dry ingredients and process. Lastly, add melted chocolate and coconut oil and mix until all ingredients are combined.
4. Pour batter into an 8 in. baking dish that is either oiled or lined with parchment paper. Place walnuts on top.
5. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before eating.
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
‘Date Sweetened Brownie Recipe’ was included in the following blog link ups:
Real Food Freaks- Freaky Friday
Vegetarian Mamma- Gluten Free Fridays
The Healthy Home Economist- Monday Mania
Simply Sugar and Gluten Free- Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays
The Polivka Family- Family Table Tuesdays
Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways- Wednesday Blog Hop
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!