I almost always have these homemade chocolate bars in my freezer. They are so easy to make and only have 4 simple ingredients. It’s great to have around if I want a little square of dark chocolate, but don’t want a store-bought one loaded with processed sugar and preservatives! This chocolate bar can also make a great gift. You can wrap it in wax paper and give it away to friends, just try to keep it cool because if it’s too hot it can melt!
Peppermint Chocolate Bark Recipe:
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (I like this one)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey (sub coconut nectar for vegan)
- 7 drops Young Living peppermint essential oil (I ONLY use Young Living internally) OR ½ tsp peppermint extract (optional- you can omit peppermint flavoring if you want plain chocolate)
- Nuts, coarse sea salt, shredded coconut, dried fruit, etc. I used walnuts and shredded coconut
- Place the unsweetened chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler on medium-high heat. While the chocolate and coconut oil is melting, get an 8x8 pyrex dish and line with parchment paper or grease with extra coconut oil. Let heat until all of the chocolate and coconut oil is melted and mix gently with a spoon. Turn off the heat, then add the honey and mix thoroughly to combine. Then, add the peppermint essential oil (I ONLY use Young Living internally) and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the pyrex dish and freeze for about 10 minutes. Then pull the chocolate out of the freezer to add toppings. The chocolate should be slightly harder, but still melted enough to hold the toppings.
- Sprinkle whichever toppings you want. One of my favorite combos is walnuts, shredded coconut and coarse sea salt. Then put the chocolate back in the freezer and allow to freeze for about 1-2 hours until it is hard. After it has hardened you can break it apart into smaller pieces and serve!
FREE 14-Day Essential Oils E-Course
Learn how essential oils can support a healthy immune system, digestion, skin, sleep & more!