This simple paleo and gluten free almond cake is a great moist, delicious, low-sugar and easy dessert recipe to make from scratch. Made from almond flour and a few other paleo and gluten free flours, this cake has a great texture!
I made this recipe because I was going to a friends house for dinner and they asked me to bring dessert. I wanted to make something grain-free that non-paleo people would love too. So I created this simple almond cake and it was a hit! I topped it with organic strawberries and whipped cream and my friends asked for seconds!
This almond cake recipe just makes 1 flat cake in an 9-inch pan, however, you could easily turn this into a layered birthday cake if you double the recipe and split it between 2 round 9-inch pans. Then you can frost them, stack them and decorate them! Enjoy!
Simple Almond Cake (Paleo & Gluten-Free)
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt. Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl–eggs, vanilla, almond milk, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar and use a stick blender, electric whisk or food processor to blend everything together.
- Grease an 9×9 square or round pan liberally with coconut oil or butter. Then pour the batter into the pan. Place the pan in the pre-heated oven and cook at 325° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with optional whipped cream on top or coconut cream for dairy-free. Add strawberries or other fruits for an extra kick!