This broccoli soup is a tasty and easy meal to make for a weeknight dinner. Make a big batch and save it for leftovers throughout the week!
1-2 heads broccoli (including the stalks)
3 tbsp ghee or oil
1 small onion
5 cloves garlic
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp parsley
1 tsp sage
1 tsp salt & pepper
1/4 tsp ginger
5-6 cups vegetable broth or bone broth (how to bone broth)
4 tbsp butter (don’t be afraid of butter, it’s good for you!) (for vegan version use olive oil)
1. Dice onion and garlic. Melt ghee under medium-high heat in a pot. Add onions and garlic and stir. Add spices and mix until the onions are almost translucent.
2. Chop broccoli to same sized bits. Chop the stalk a little finer so it cooks through. Add the broccoli to the pot and allow to cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the vegetable broth to the pot and stir. Cover and allow it to come to a boil, then turn down to low and let simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until the broccoli is tender almost mushy.
4. The easiest way to blend the soup is to use a hand blender. I have this kind and I love it, it makes clean up so easy! You can also put it into a blender or food processor, but try to let it cool down a bit before blending it in a blender.
5. Once it is blended, add the butter. This adds a creamy delicious texture and flavor. It’s also always best to have vegetables with some kind of fat because it helps your body absorb the vitamins. Add more butter, salt and pepper to your liking. I topped mine with a little yogurt, but it would also be nice with a little sour cream too!
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
FREE "6 Easy Tips to Quit Sugar" Guide!
By submitting your name and email you are consenting to receive a free copy of "6 Easy Tips to Quit Sugar" as well as regular newsletter emails from Healy Eats Real including information about our products and special offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.