This broccoli soup is a tasty and easy meal to make for a weeknight dinner. Make a big batch and save it for leftovers throughout the week!
Broccoli Soup (Paleo & Vegan)
- 1 Blender or Stick Blender
- Dice onion and garlic. Melt ghee under medium-high heat in a pot. Add onions and garlic and stir. Add spices and mix until the onions are almost translucent.
- Chop broccoli to same sized bits. Chop the stalk a little finer so it cooks through. Add the broccoli to the pot and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pot and stir. Cover and allow it to come to a boil, then turn down to low and let simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until the broccoli is tender almost mushy.
- The easiest way to blend the soup is to use a hand blender. You can also put it into a blender or food processor, but try to let it cool down a bit before blending it in a blender.
- Once it is blended, add the butter. This adds a creamy delicious texture and flavor. Add more butter, salt and pepper to your liking. I topped mine with a little yogurt, but it would also be nice with a little sour cream too!