These coconut flour cupcakes are such a fun sweet treat that are great for birthdays, special occasions or those days where you just need a cupcake!
Coconut Flour Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Melt the coconut oil and combine with remaining cupcake ingredients in a food processor or bowl, mix well.
- Place batter in a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners. The cupcakes will rise a small amount, so you can fill the muffin liner about 3/4 full--almost to the top. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the tops are slightly browned.
For The Frosting
- Place the coconut oil in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer. The coconut oil will soften up a bit. Add the coconut butter, vanilla and powdered coconut sugar and blend with the hand mixer until mixed.
- Then add the cacao or cocoa powder and mix again. Keep in the fridge until the cupcakes are cooled and ready to frost. The frosting will harden if it's in the fridge for longer than 30 minutes. To soften, leave at room temperature for 30 minutes then blend again with a hand mixer until it breaks up and softens.
- Top the cupcakes with the frosting and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Store the cupcakes in the fridge and let sit at room temperature 30-60 minutes before eating to allow the frosting to soften.