This date sweetened brownie recipe really hit the spot! I was fiending for chocolate last night and thought that these would be the perfect cure. This date sweetened brownie recipe is delicious and just the right amount of sweetness despite having no processed sugar in it. The texture is perfect; moist, fudgy squares that melt in your mouth! And, they’re still totally vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free!
Date Sweetened Brownie Recipe:
8 dates soaked in 1/4 cup warm water
3 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate (I like this brand because it’s 100% cacao)
1/2 cup coconut oil (where to buy coconut oil)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp ground flax seeds soaked in 2 tbsp water
4 tbsp whole milk or coconut milk (where to buy bpa free coconut milk)
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°. Remove the pits from the dates and soak in 1/4 cup warm water for a few minutes. Then, in another bowl combine ground flax seeds and water and allow to congeal.
2. Using a double boiler, melt the baking chocolate and coconut oil together.
3. Put the dates and water in a food processor and chop into a paste. Add flax mixture, almond milk and vanilla. Then, add dry ingredients and process. Lastly, add melted chocolate and coconut oil and mix until all ingredients are combined.
4. Pour batter into an 8 in. baking dish that is either oiled or lined with parchment paper. Place walnuts on top.
5. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before eating.
This recipe is featured in my ebook Paleo Vegan Sweets & Treats!
If you want to satisfy your sweet tooth without hurting your health, then Paleo Vegan Sweets & Treats is for you! Learn how to make your own healthy treats that are free of gluten, dairy, eggs, processed foods and processed sugars! Check it out here!