This date sweetened brownie recipe is delicious and just the right amount of sweetness despite having no processed sugar in it. The texture is perfect; moist, fudgy squares that melt in your mouth! And, they’re still totally vegan and gluten-free!
This date sweetened brownie recipe really hit the spot! I was fiending for chocolate last night and thought that these would be the perfect cure.
Date Sweetened Brownie Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Remove the pits from the dates and soak in 1/4 cup warm water for a few minutes. Then, in another bowl combine ground flax seeds and water and allow to congeal.
- Using a double boiler, melt the baking chocolate and coconut oil together.
- Put the dates and water in a food processor and chop into a paste. Add flax mixture, almond milk and vanilla. Then, add dry ingredients and process. Lastly, add melted chocolate and coconut oil and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour batter into an 8 in. baking dish that is either oiled or lined with parchment paper. Place walnuts on top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before eating.