These double chocolate grain free cupcakes will give any store-bought cupcake a run for it’s money. They’re not only delicious but so easy to make and topped with a creamy, chocolate frosting.
I think cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts. What’s not to love? It like a personalized cake with a heap of creamy frosting on it. It also doesn’t hurt that they are just so cute! I admit it, I’m a sucker for cute little baked goods.
These double chocolate grain free cupcakes will give any store-bought cupcake a run for it’s money and on top of the delicious flavor it’s also a whole lot better for you that any store-bought cupcake.
Why You Should Make These Chocolate Grain Free Cupcakes;
- They’re gluten free!
- They taste better than store bought and are so much healthier
- They’re also nut free and grain free
- They’re double chocolate and extra delicious
- They’re a crowd pleaser and the whole family will love them
Double Chocolate Grain Free Cupcakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Melt the coconut oil and combine with remaining cupcake ingredients in a food processor or bowl, mix well.
- Place batter in a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners .The cupcakes will rise a small amount, so you can fill the muffin liner about 3/4 full–almost to the top. Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the tops are slightly browned.
For The Frosting:
- Place the coconut oil in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer. The coconut oil will soften up a bit. Add the coconut butter, vanilla and powdered coconut sugar and blend with the hand mixer until mixed.
- Then add the cacao or cocoa powder and mix again. Keep in the fridge until the cupcakes are cooled and ready to frost. The frosting will harden if it’s in the fridge for longer than 30 minutes. To soften, leave at room temperature for 15-30 minutes then blend again with a hand mixer until it breaks up and softens.
- Top the cupcakes with the frosting and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Store the cupcakes in the fridge and let sit at room temperature 30-60 minutes before eating to allow the frosting to soften.