Although diet, sleep and lifestyle make a huge difference when it comes to keeping your immune system healthy, there is another secret that I have in my wellness toolbox….. Essential Oils!
I often use essential oils for diy cleaning and beauty, skin care, overall health and of course to support the immune system. Below I’ve listed a few of my favorite essential oils to use to support a healthy immune system.
How Essential Oils Have Changed My Life
Essential oils have completely changed my life – and trust me, I was a skeptic when I was first introduced to them. How could sniffing a scent or rubbing an oil on my skin help to improve my health or wellbeing? There is ample scientific research to support the therapeutic benefits of essential oils, but you’re probably more interested to know how essential oils have helped me…
Essential oils have replaced many everyday products that I used to spend a fortune on. I now clean my home with oil-infused natural cleaners rather than toxic chemicals from the supermarket, for example. I cleanse my face with oil-infused natural products too. I have replaced almost all my own bath and beauty products with my own natural homemade products with essential oils. I use essential oils every day to support a health immune system, endocrine system, respiratory system and my overall wellness. And everyone in the family benefits from using calming essential oils in the diffuser before bedtime!
Why I Only Use Young Living Essential Oils
Yes, you can buy essential oils anywhere, but they are not always going to be pure and 100% therapeutic grade!
I’ve done a lot of research into this and found that many of the essentials oils found in health food stores, specialty stores, boutiques and even online stores are NOT 100% essential oils. The plants used to make them may be exposed to pesticides and other toxins, even if they’re organic they may be processed with chemical solvents or even combined with synthetic fragrances thereby degrading their therapeutic quality. You never really know what you’re going to get.
Store-bought essential oils are not required to include the ingredients on their labels and the term “natural” or “pure” is not regulated by any governing body. So store-bought oils may say “pure” and “natural” but they may still have synthetic additives. Almost all store-bought essential oils contain a warning “do not ingest”…this is usually an indication that they are not pure. Young Living essential oils are one of the only Essential Oils that are cleared as dietary supplements…this also means that they are regulated and required to disclose all ingredients on the label, which is always unadulterated oils.
I only choose Young Living Essential Oils for a few different reasons:
- They grow their own organic plants that they use for the oils, so you know there is no pesticide or chemical fertilizer residue in your oils. You can even visit their farms all over the world! They are very transparent about their farming practices—something that is virtually unheard of with any other essential oil company.
- They also make sure the oils are pure by distilling the oils at low temperature and pressure in stainless steel chambers to maintain the delicate therapeutic compounds in the oils.
- Young living also goes to great lengths to guarantee and test oil purity and strength. Their oils are of the best quality and are safe and effective.
- As a Young Living customer, you automatically become a member of a big oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users. I’ve been using my oils for a long time, but I still reach out to the our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
Essential Oils You Should Have in Your Home
Some of the best and most versatile oils to use in many health and wellness applications are lavender, frankincense, peppermint, lemon and some special Young Living blends like thieves and purification.
If you’re interested in getting into the many amazing uses of essential oils, I highly recommend the Young Living premium starter kit. It is an amazing value and contains all of the oils mentioned above, plus a home oil diffuser. Just leave a comment on this post that you’re interested in learning more about getting started with essential oils and I’ll email you the details on this month’s free goodie bag!
10 Best Essential Oils to Support the Immune System
- Thieves– Thieves is a Young Living essential oil blend that was inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals they used while robbing the dead and dying. Young Living’s one-of-a-kind Thieves blend, crafted in the spirit of that legendary combination. When taken internally, Thieves supports healthy immune function*, and it includes Eucalyptus radiata essential oil, which may help maintain a healthy respiratory system.* When taken as a dietary supplement, Thieves is an ideal complement to a daily wellness regimen. Thieves is included in the Young Living Premium starter kit, which is the best way to start your journey with essential oils.
- Oregano– Oregano (Origanum vulgare) includes the naturally occurring constituent carvacrol. Oregano, when taken as a dietary supplement, supports a healthy lifestyle regimen and may also be used to enhance the flavor of foods and your favorite savory recipes.
- Ginger– Ginger essential oil supports a healthy lifestyle regimen* and can also be a delicious, spicy addition to many recipes. Ginger includes the naturally occurring constituents zingiberene and beta-phellandrene.
- R.C.– R.C. is a Young Living Essential Oil Blend that is a unique combination of Cypress, Spruce, and three types of Eucalyptus (E. globulus, E. radiata, and E. citriodora) oils, and includes the naturally occurring constituent limonene. Rub R.C. on your feet or chest before exercise to uplift and inspire, or massage three drops on your feet before bedtime to encourage an atmosphere of comfort.
- Purification– Purification Essential Oil Blend helps freshen the air and eliminate odors with its unique combination of Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Tea Tree, and Myrtle essential oils, and includes naturally occurring compounds cineol, neral, and geranial. Use Purification oil to moisturize skin and improve the appearance for healthy looking skin or apply topically to enjoy the outdoors annoyance free.
- ImmuPower– ImmuPower is a powerful blend of therapeutic-grade essential oils that create a fragrant and protective haven while increasing positive energy. It includes Hyssop, Mountain savory, Cistus, Camphor, Frankincense, Oregano, Clove, Cumin, and Dorado azul.
- Eucalyptus– Young Living is unique in that it is one of the few Essential Oils producers who carries 3 different types of eucalyptus essential oil.Eucalyptus globulus contains a high percentage of the constituent eucalyptol, a key ingredient in many mouth rinses. Applied topically, it is often used to support the respiratory system* and to soothe muscles after exercise.Eucalyptus Blue is another addition to the line of essential oils from Ecuador. Eucalyptus Blue is for topical or aromatic use.Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil is useful for massage after activity, and can be diffused for a stimulating and rejuvenating environment. This oil has a mildly pungent, sweet, and fruity aroma, and includes the naturally occurring constituents 1, 8 cineole and eucalyptol. Eucalyptus Radiata can be used in your favorite household cleaners.
- Frankincense– Frankincense (Boswellia carterii) includes the naturally occurring constituent boswellic acid, and has a woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma. Diffuse Frankincense during meditation for grounding and purpose. Applying this oil topically may help smooth the appearance of healthy-looking skin, and is excellent to use for massage after activity. Frankincense is included in the Young Living Premium starter kit, which is the best way to start your journey with essential oils.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree)– With a fresh, crisp aroma, Tea Tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) helps maintain a healthy-looking scalp and hair, and reduces the appearance of blemishes. Apply to feet and toenails when needed. This oil includes naturally occurring constituents terpinene-4-ol, gamma terpinene and alpha-terpinene.
- Peppermint-Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for supporting normal digestion, including promoting healthy intestinal function and gastrointestinal system comfort.* Peppermint is included in the Young Living Premium starter kit, which is the best way to start your journey with essential oils.
Get a FREE BONUS Goodie Bag when you get started with an Essential Oils Kit this month!
If you don’t have essential oils yet, NOW is a great time to get a starter set of essential oils and a diffuser for 50% OFF (essential oils can support your immune system, maintain healthy hormones and help you get rid of all those toxic candles and plug-in air fresheners).
You’ll get access to my members-only online community to learn how to use your oils, ask questions, participate in giveaways and get lots of education and support. I’m also gifting amazing free bonus gifts this month to my new members- See it here.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Get Your FREE “5-Minute Essential Oil Recipes” Ebook & Join the Essential Oils E-Course!
Get easy 5-minute EO recipes to detox your home. PLUS join the email course to learn how essential oils can support a healthy immune system, digestion, skin, sleep & more!
By submitting your name and email you are consenting to receive regular newsletter emails from Healy Eats Real including information about our products and special offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Get My FREE "6 Easy Tips to Quit Sugar" Guide!
Get instant access when you subscribe!