Although diet, sleep and lifestyle make a big difference when it comes to keeping your immune system healthy, essential oils can be a huge support! Find out here which essential oils are the best for keeping your immune system strong.
I often use essential oils for diy cleaning and beauty, skin care, overall health and of course to support the immune system. Below I’ve listed a few of my favorite essential oils to use to support a healthy immune system.
How Essential Oils Have Changed My Life
Essential oils have completely changed my life – and trust me, I was a skeptic when I was first introduced to them. How could sniffing a scent or rubbing an oil on my skin help to improve my health or wellbeing? There is ample scientific research to support the therapeutic benefits of essential oils, but you’re probably more interested to know how essential oils have helped me…
Essential oils have replaced many everyday products that I used to spend a fortune on. I now clean my home with oil-infused natural cleaners rather than toxic chemicals from the supermarket, for example. I cleanse my face with oil-infused natural products too. I have replaced almost all my own bath and beauty products with my own natural homemade products with essential oils. I use essential oils every day to support a health immune system, endocrine system, respiratory system and my overall wellness. And everyone in the family benefits from using calming essential oils in the diffuser before bedtime!
Why I Only Use Young Living Essential Oils
Yes, you can buy essential oils anywhere, but they are not always going to be pure and 100% therapeutic grade!
I’ve done a lot of research into this and found that many of the essentials oils found in health food stores, specialty stores, boutiques and even online stores are NOT 100% essential oils. The plants used to make them may be exposed to pesticides and other toxins, even if they’re organic they may be processed with chemical solvents or even combined with synthetic fragrances thereby degrading their therapeutic quality. You never really know what you’re going to get.
Store-bought essential oils are not required to include the ingredients on their labels and the term “natural” or “pure” is not regulated by any governing body. So store-bought oils may say “pure” and “natural” but they may still have synthetic additives. Almost all store-bought essential oils contain a warning “do not ingest”…this is usually an indication that they are not pure. Young Living essential oils are one of the only Essential Oils that are cleared as dietary supplements…this also means that they are regulated and required to disclose all ingredients on the label, which is always unadulterated oils.
I only choose Young Living Essential Oils for a few different reasons:
- They grow their own organic plants that they use for the oils, so you know there is no pesticide or chemical fertilizer residue in your oils. You can even visit their farms all over the world! They are very transparent about their farming practices—something that is virtually unheard of with any other essential oil company.
- They also make sure the oils are pure by distilling the oils at low temperature and pressure in stainless steel chambers to maintain the delicate therapeutic compounds in the oils.
- Young living also goes to great lengths to guarantee and test oil purity and strength. Their oils are of the best quality and are safe and effective.
- As a Young Living customer, you automatically become a member of a big oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users. I’ve been using my oils for a long time, but I still reach out to the our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
Essential Oils You Should Have in Your Home
Some of the best and most versatile oils to use in many health and wellness applications are lavender, frankincense, peppermint, lemon and some special Young Living blends like thieves and purification.
If you’re interested in getting into the many amazing uses of essential oils, I highly recommend the Young Living premium starter kit. It is an amazing value and contains all of the oils mentioned above, plus a home oil diffuser. Learn more about essential oils with my FREE ebook and email course here.
10 Best Essential Oils to Support the Immune System
- Thieves– Thieves is a Young Living essential oil blend that was inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals they used to stay healthy while robbing the dead and dying.Thieves supports healthy immune function and it includes Eucalyptus radiata essential oil, which may help maintain a healthy respiratory system. Thieves is included in the Young Living Premium starter kit.
- Oregano– Oregano (Origanum vulgare) includes the naturally occurring constituent carvacrol which can support overall health and maintain a healthy immune system. It also be used to enhance the flavor of foods and your favorite savory recipes.
- Ginger– Ginger essential oil includes the naturally occurring constituents zingiberene and beta-phellandrene which help make it an amazing support for health and wellbeing. It can also be a delicious, spicy addition to many recipes.
- Raven– Raven is a blend that is a unique combination of ravintsara, peppermint, eucalyptus radiata, wintergreen and lemon. It includes the naturally occurring constituent limonene. Raven is the perfect blend to rub on your chest or diffuse next to your bed to promote clear breathing.
- Purification– Purification Essential Oil Blend helps freshen the air and eliminate odors with its unique combination of Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Tea Tree, and Myrtle essential oils, and includes naturally occurring compounds cineol, neral, and geranial. This is a great essential oils to diffuse in the home to keep the air clean and fresh.
- ImmuPower– ImmuPower is a powerful blend of therapeutic-grade essential oils that create a fragrant and protective haven to maintain a healthy immune system. It includes Hyssop, Mountain savory, Cistus, Camphor, Frankincense, Oregano, Clove, Cumin, and Dorado azul.
- Eucalyptus– Young Living is unique in that it is one of the few Essential Oils producers who carries 3 different types of eucalyptus essential oil.
Eucalyptus globulus contains a high percentage of the constituent eucalyptol. Applied topically, it is often used to support the respiratory system and to soothe muscles after exercise. Eucalyptus Blue is for great for topical or aromatic use. Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil is useful for massage after activity, and can be diffused for a stimulating and rejuvenating environment. This oil has a mildly pungent, sweet, and fruity aroma, and includes the naturally occurring constituents 1, 8 cineole and eucalyptol.
- Frankincense– Frankincense (Boswellia carterii) includes the naturally occurring constituent boswellic acid, and has a woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma. It is a wonderfully powerful oil to use topically to support health and the immune system. You can also diffuse Frankincense during meditation for grounding and purpose. Applying this oil topically may help smooth the appearance of healthy-looking skin, and is excellent to use for massage after activity. Frankincense is included in the Young Living Premium starter kit.
- Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree)– With a fresh, crisp aroma, Tea Tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) helps maintain a healthy-looking scalp and hair, and reduces the appearance of blemishes. Apply to feet and toenails when needed. This oil includes naturally occurring constituents terpinene-4-ol, gamma terpinene and alpha-terpinene.
- Peppermint-Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for supporting normal digestion, including promoting healthy intestinal function and gastrointestinal system comfort. Peppermint is included in the Young Living Premium starter kit.
Get a FREE BONUS Goodie Bag when you get started with an Essential Oils Kit this month!
If you don’t have essential oils yet, NOW is a great time to get a starter set of essential oils and a diffuser for 50% OFF (essential oils can support your immune system, maintain healthy hormones and help you get rid of all those toxic candles and plug-in air fresheners).
You’ll get access to my members-only online community to learn how to use your oils, ask questions, participate in giveaways and get lots of education and support. I’m also gifting amazing free bonus gifts this month to my new members- See it here.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Get Your FREE “5-Minute Essential Oil Recipes” Ebook & Join the Essential Oils E-Course!
Get easy 5-minute EO recipes to detox your home. PLUS join the email course to learn how essential oils can support a healthy immune system, digestion, skin, sleep & more!
By submitting your name and email you are consenting to receive regular newsletter emails from Healy Eats Real including information about our products and special offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.
FREE "6 Easy Tips to Quit Sugar" Guide!
By submitting your name and email you are consenting to receive a free copy of "6 Easy Tips to Quit Sugar" as well as regular newsletter emails from Healy Eats Real including information about our products and special offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.