Classic dishes have gained a well-deserved place in everybody’s hearts and this homemade honey chili spiced granola recipe is no exception. I really love enjoying the crunchy clusters in my morning milk and just because I gave up all grains and dairy doesn’t mean I have to live a granola-free life. With a little imagination every classic can be adapted to a healthier version.
You can go with traditional granola flavors like maple or cinnamon granola, but if you want to go further you can mix up tastes and chili spices to create a delicious breakfast that will really enchant your taste buds. Combining sweet and spicy or salty is one of my favs and you will see that your granola will get an exquisite flavor. I didn’t even have to serve it with milk, a spoon was all I needed.
You only need some nuts, seeds, dried fruits, coconut oil and healthy sweetener like honey and you got yourself the perfect granola.
How to select the right chili
Honey Chili Spiced Granola Recipe:
Honey Chili Spiced Granola Recipe
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup + 2 tbsps cashews
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raisins
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (use coconut nectar or maple syrup for vegan)
- pinch sea salt
- 2-3 dried Guajillo chilies for medium spice (use chile de arbol for hot or anaheim for mild)
- pinch cayenne
- Preheat your oven to 300F.
- Roughly ground all the nuts and seeds (except for the 2 tablespoons cashews) using a food processor.
- Transfer them to a large bowl. Add the whole cashews, raisins, coconut oil, honey, salt and cayenne.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the mixture, spreading it evenly on the whole surface.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir a little bit so the granola doesn’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Finely chop the dried chilies and add them to the nut mixture. If you prefer your breakfast hotter, simply add the chilies before you put the tray into the oven so they will have time to release their whole flavor.
- Enjoy with a glass of coconut milk or by its own.