This quick and inexpensive tomato and herb vegetable frittata recipe is the perfect healthy breakfast dish! Loaded with protein and veggies and oven baked in a cast iron skillet, it’s the best comforting yet beautiful dish for company!
I like to use pastured eggs for all of my egg dishes because they are healthier and more humane. If you don’t know about what the different egg labels mean, check out my article Free Range Eggs: They’re Not What You Think They Are
I love cooking with my cast iron skillet since it’s a great non-toxic cooking staple that can last forever!
Vegetable Frittata Recipe:
Vegetable Frittata Recipe
- Pre-heat the oven to 415°. In a 12.5 inch cast iron skillet melt the oil on medium-high heat then cook the chopped onions and garlic. Add the thyme and oregano to the onions and cook until the onions are almost translucent (about 2-4 minutes).
- In a separate large mixing bowl beat eggs, then add tomato sauce, milk alternative, salt and pepper and mix. Slice the tomatoes like you would for a sandwich and chop 1 stalk of green onion then set aside.
- Add the spinach to the skillet, then stir and cook until slightly wilted (about 1 minute).
- Turn the heat down to medium low then add the egg mixture to the pan and mix so everything is evenly distributed. Sprinkle the chopped green onions on top of the eggs and place about 4 sliced tomatoes on top evenly distributed).
- Use a pot holder to transfer the pan to the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes until firm.