An inviting aroma fills the house as this almond flax bread bakes in the oven. After being a fan of the Nourished Kitchen blog for so long, I was excited to get my hands on the Nourished Kitchen guide to Grain-Free baking. This almond flax bread is one of over 90 recipes in this baking guide. More on The Nourished Kitchen Guide to Grain-Free & Dairy-Free Baking, Sweets and Treats:
- Over 90 grain-free real food recipes including cupcakes, cookies, biscuits, fruit dishes, compotes, cakes, brownies, ice cream, candies, mousses and more!
- All recipes use real whole food ingredients.
- In depth guide to help you build familiarity with grain free baking so you have the ability to create your own recipes.
Almond Flax Bread from The Nourished Kitchen Guide to Grain-Free Baking:
I’ve had other grain-free breads and they serve their purpose as a quick bread gluten-free alternative. However, many grain-free bread recipes make the mistake of using too many eggs which results in an overly eggy flavor. This bread stands on it’s own with a wonderfully dynamic, unique and even flavor. The crunchy crust has a hint of sweetness yet the bread works as a savory or sweet treat. You could slather it with butter and jam for the perfect accompaniment to your morning tea or top it with a slice of cheese (where to buy grassfed cheese) for an afternoon snack.
I just finished a slice as I write this and I think I’m going to go back for more 🙂
Almond Flax Bread Recipe from The Nourished Kitchen Guide to Grain-Free Baking:
This almond bread benefits from the addition of flax seed which help to not only improve its texture, but also improve its color and consistency.
Makes 1 loaf
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1 tbsp whole flax seeds
1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 eggs beaten
2 tsp honey, optional
1/2 tsp raw cider vinegar
butter, to grease a loaf pan
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Mix all ingredients together until thoroughly combined, then pour into a greased standard sized loaf pan and bake at 300° for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the bread’s center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before serving.
- Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Nourished Kitchen Guide to Grain-free Baking!
Check Out The Nourished Kitchen Guide to Grain-free Baking now!
Like what you’ve read? Use the box below to sign up for my FREE newsletter to keep up to date on my latest posts!
Subscribe to the FREE newsletter
This post was included on the following blog carnivals:
Simply Sugar and Gluten Free- Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Real Food Forager- Fat Tuesday
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in my blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”