Carrot fries are one of my favorite snacks! They’re nutritious, tasty and fun too. This recipe is pretty easy to make and are baked instead of fried (like most french fries). Enjoy!
I don’t peel my carrots because I’m not a fan of tedious kitchen work. If extra work doesn’t need to be done, then I don’t do it. I don’t mind having the outer carrot skin on the carrots, so I leave them on and I figure if I wash the carrots and they’re organic…no harm done! Of course, it’s up to you whether or not you want the peel them, they will turn out fine either way. 🙂
Carrot Fries Recipe:
- Turn the oven to 400°. Start by washing the carrots and peeling them (peeling is optional. I use organic carrots and don't peel them and they turn out fine). Cut the carrots into even sticks that are roughly 4 inches long and about ½ inch thick.
- Put the cut carrots into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil (get real olive oil here). Sprinkle the sea salt, garlic powder, herbs and spices on top. Stir the carrots to evenly coat with the oil and spices.
- Place the carrots on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure the carrots are evenly spread and not stacked on top of each other.
- Put the carrots in the oven and bake for about 25-35 minutes, checking halfway through to move the carrots around or flip them on the sheet to get even cooking.
- Once you can pierce the carrots easily with a fork and there is a slight browning/crisping on the edges, they are done. Remove them from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!