I’ve been making this hearty instant pot beef curry recipe a lot since the weather has gotten colder and it’s so rich, delicious, filling and easy. It makes the perfect cold weather meal. The instant pot pressure cooks the meat so you have tender pull-apart flavorful grass fed beef in 30 minutes.
I usually make this big batch in the Instant Pot and it will last several days in the fridge, so I can just take it out and reheat for easy lunches or dinner. I used real potatoes for this recipe, but you can easily swap it out for sweet potatoes or other root vegetables. This beef curry tastes delicious over cauliflower rice or regular rice.
Why I LOVE my Instant Pot
If you don’t have an instant pot yet, I highly recommend getting one! I got mine from amazon (they have great deals…check it out here). One thing I love about the instant pot is that you can make bone broth in 2 hours! It doubles as a pressure cooker and a slowcooker and there’s so much you can do with it. You can make coconut milk, hard boiled eggs, and more. It cooks fall-off-the-bone meat super fast too! So if you forget to defrost your meat, you can still cook it in the instant pot!
Instant Pot Beef Curry:
- Cut the onion, potatoes and carrots in large chunks. Dice the garlic.
- Press the saute button on the instant pot and put the ghee in the instant pot. Once the ghee is melted, add the onions and garlic and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Then, add the stew meat to brown all sides for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the instant pot and add the remaining ingredients including the carrots, potatoes, coconut milk, broth, herbs and spices. Stir to make sure all the spices are mixed in the liquid.
- Place the lid in the locked position and make sure the vent is turned to "sealed". Press the "meat/stew" button and use the +/- buttons to set to 30 minutes. Once you get to 30 minutes it will automatically start cooking.
- When it's done, serve over cauliflower rice or white rice.
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!