A low-carb, paleo AND vegan no oats oatmeal? Can it be true? Yes! And it’s super delicious too. I created this grain free recipe about 3 days ago and ever since then I’ve been having it every single morning for breakfast. It is soo yummy with some berries and cinnamon on top.
I have another paleo oatmeal recipe that is tasty and sweet, but it is not low carb since it utilizes a whole banana. I’ve been trying to have a lower carb breakfast lately but I’m getting bored of smoothies and eggs. Since it’s getting cooler out, I thought a revised no oats oatmeal would be a great option!
This recipe can be made vegan by taking out the egg, replacing the gelatin with a vegan protein powder, replacing the honey with maple syrup and adding in 2 tbsp of ground flax instead of 1.
For the low-carb option, you can remove the honey and if you want, you can replace it with a low-carb sweetener like stevia (I like this brand–no weird additives). Without honey this no oats oatmeal has only 6 Net Carbs! With 18 grams of carbs and 12 grams of fiber. You can see the full nutrition facts at the bottom of the recipe below.
I also want to note that I used ground chia seeds in the recipe because I like the texture better, but you can also use whole chia seeds and it will still work fine!
For a quick and easy video on making this recipe, press play below:
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds** (for vegan use 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds** (you can also use whole chia seeds)
- 2 tbsp collagen gelatin (or protein power of choice for vegan)
- 1 egg (omit for vegan)
- 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup (omit for low carb or use low carb sweetener)
- ¼ tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond milk (see how to make your own here)
- **to grind flax seeds, blend in a coffee grinder.
- In a small or medium pot combine all dry ingredients and mix. Add the egg into the pot a beat it. Then add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix until fully blended.
- Heat on medium while stirring for about 5 minutes until thick.
If you liked this post share it on facebook below!
Get My FREE 10 Healthy Holiday Treats Recipe Ebook!
10 Healthy Holiday Treats is Totally Gluten-Free, Paleo & Dairy-Free!
Get instant access when you subscribe!