These bacon and broccoli stuffed sweet potatoes are a hearty, savory and delicious paleo dish that is sure to fill you up. I think this will make a great lunch or dinner especially during the colder months.
Sweet potatoes are an extremely versatile vegetable that you can use in savory salty dishes as well as sweet recipes. I always adored the sweet-savory combination so baked stuffed sweet potatoes with a salty filling makes the perfect meal for me. Filled with good carbs, proteins and fibers, anyone can enjoy it for lunch or dinner.
Initially, I didn’t like sweet potatoes but I’m glad I gave them one more shot because I’ve since cooked a lot of great sweet potato recipes that I’ve come to love.
When baking sweet potatoes, their sweetness comes to life and perfectly complements the bacon flavor in a very nice way. If you want to spice them up a little bit, you can add some cayenne pepper or maybe a chili!
Bacon & Broccoli Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (Paleo & Dairy-Free):
Broccoli & Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (Paleo & Dairy Free)
- Rinse the potatoes well.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and bake the potatoes at 400° for 35-50 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a little bit.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan, and add the broccoli. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the pan content, and add the bacon bits. Cook until crispy and slightly brown.
- Add the mushroom slices and cook for 3 minutes more.
- While the potatoes are still warm cut them into halves, lengthwise. Use a fork to fluff the flesh, and add the butter. Stir until it melts.
- Top with mushroom-broccoli saute and bacon bits.
- While the veggies are cooking, place the balsamic vinegar together with the coconut sugar in a small pot. Simmer for 10 minutes until it thickens a bit.
- Drizzle over the potatoes before serving.