This chocolate banana smoothie is choc full of tasty healthy protein, vitamins and minerals. I often have this smoothie for breakfast since it’s a good way to start the day to keep you full and energized.
This chocolate banana smoothie has roughly about 14-26 grams of protein depending on the protein powder you use. I like to use collagen protein because it has so many great health benefits. I love to add coconut oil since it supports a healthy metabolism while maca helps with hormones.
High Protein Chocolate Banana Smoothie (Paleo & Vegan):
This chocolate banana smoothie is choc full of tasty healthy protein, vitamins and minerals. I often have this smoothie for breakfast since it's a good way to start the day to keep you full and energized.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 banana about 1/2 cup frozen
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp collagen hydrolysate gelatin or raw organic hemp protein for vegan
- 1 tbsp almond butter or tahini
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp maca optional- this is great for balancing hormones
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar optional
- 1 tsp vitamineral green optional- this is a great way to include some extra vitamins and minerals
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender. I prefer the vitamix because it's so powerful and can be used for almost everything! The blendtec is also a good option.
Blend on high until all ingredients are blended. Add ice or water to desired consistency