I love this one ingredient banana ice cream recipe because it’s so quick and easy to make when you want a little sweet vegan and paleo treat with no sugar added sugar. You can make it without an ice cream maker. All you need is a food processor (like this one) or a vitamix blender would also work! The only ingredient is bananas (obviously!), so it’s naturally vegan, paleo and dairy-free.
Add Flavors to Your Banana Ice Cream
The great thing about the banana ice cream recipe is that it makes a simple base that you can add lots of flavors to. I’ve added flavors like chocolate, peanut butter, cinnamon, vanilla bean and more! If you want to add flavors, I recommend adding your flavors 1 tablespoon at a time and testing it until you get the right flavor. For example, if you want chocolate banana ice cream, add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder and try it. Then, if you want to add more cocoa powder, put in another tablespoon and mix then taste until it’s right. Same goes for peanut butter or almond butter (make your own here). However, for smaller additives like cinnamon or vanilla bean you’ll want to add 1/4 teaspoon at a time.
To make the chocolate drizzle you see in the picture, simply melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (I like this brand because it’s clean and there are no scary additives). Then drizzle the melted chocolate over the ice cream and it will instantly harden!
Banana Ice Cream Video
Banana Ice Cream Recipe:
- 2 frozen bananas (chopped)
- Cut 2 bananas into slices and arrange on a plate or in a tupperware. Let freeze for at least 2 hours or more.
- Put frozen bananas in a food processor and blend (this will also work with a vitamix. I recently got this new food processor and I love it because it has a feature that scrapes the sides, so you don't have to stop it, open it and scrape down the sides! Check it out here!
- After about 30 seconds to a minute it will still be chunky. Stop blending and mix in the chunks with a spoon, then go back to blending until it is smooth.
- At this point you can stop and just have banana ice cream.
- If you want chocolate, simply add 3 tbsp cocoa powder to the food processor and blend. Once it's all mixed then it's ready to go! You can also add a chocolate drizzle by melting chocolate chips and drizzling it over the banana ice cream.
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!