My paleo vegan chocolate pie is the perfect dessert to serve to guests. Now that summer is almost here the weather is heating up. It’s the perfect time to invite friends and family for a BBQ or potluck.
The thing that makes this pie a great dish for summer is that it can be served cold…in fact, it’s even better that way!
I made this for a dinner party and it was a huge hit. The filling is very easy to make, has minimal ingredients and the crust is one of the BEST parts of the whole dish!
Hopefully, you’ll enjoy making this chocolate pie and eating it too!
Chocolate Pie Recipe (Paleo & Vegan):
- 2 cans coconut cream** (2 14oz. cans)
- ¼ cup raw honey (sub coconut nectar for vegan)
- ⅔ cup cacao powder or cocoa
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- **You can buy coconut cream cans at trader joe's or refrigerate a can of full fat coconut milk overnight, then scoop out the cream from the top and discard the liquid at the bottom.
- First, follow the instructions here to make the crust. Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes at 350° then let cool completely.
- Scoop the coconut cream out of the cans and put in a large mixing bowl (you can reserve a small portion--about 2 tbsp of the coconut cream to top the pie like whipped cream if you want). Using a whisk, mix the coconut cream and whisk it until the lumps are broken up and it is a fluffy whipped cream consistency.
- Once the coconut cream is smooth and fluffy (like whipped cream), add the honey, cacao powder, sea salt and vanilla and gently mix it with the whisk until it is fully blended and there are no lumps.
- Make sure that the pie crust has cooled after baking, then place the chocolate coconut cream filling in the pie crust. spread it evenly and place in the refrigerator for an hour or more to allow it to set.
- To serve, you can place a small amount of whipped coconut cream on top for garnish and add shaved dark chocolate.
Get My FREE 10 Healthy Holiday Treats Recipe Ebook!
10 Healthy Holiday Treats is Totally Gluten-Free, Paleo & Dairy-Free!
Get instant access when you subscribe!