This raw fruit tart is so delicious! The whipped coconut cream is so light and rich; It really adds a nice texture to the whole tart.
I made this fruit tart to bring to my Aunt’s house for Easter morning and it was a big hit. It got eaten so fast. My only regret is not making more! This is a great healthy dish to bring to a pot luck or holiday party.
Raw Fruit Tart Recipe:
1.5 cups almond flour or almond meal
1 cup pitted dates
1.5 tbsp water
3/4 cup coconut cream*
1.5 tbsp powdered palm sugar**
*You can buy cans of coconut cream which is what I used. If you can’t find cans of coconut creme you can use the creme that rises to the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk, but you may have to use multiple cans.
**To powder the palm sugar, blend in a coffee grinder. It will make a finer powdered sugar version of the coarse palm sugar.
1. Finely chop dates in a food processor, then add almond flour and water. The water is added to keep the dates and almond flour together a little better, you can add more as you see fit.
2. Press crust into a standard sized tart pan and put in the fridge.
3. Place coconut cream in a bowl and whisk by hand for a few minutes until it become a little lighter. Add the powdered palm sugar and whisk.
4. Put the coconut cream over the crust and put in the fridge and let solidify for about 30 minutes.
5. Cut the fruit to place on top of the coconut cream. I used apples, kiwi and blueberries, but you can use any fruit that you have on hand! If you use apples, a great tip on keeping them from getting brown is to squirt a little lemon juice on them.
This ‘Raw Fruit Tart’ post was included in the following blog hops:
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!