This chocolate and strawberry layered no bake cake is something between a raw vegan cheesecake and chocolate strawberry dessert bars. It has four scrumptious layers of gluten free and paleo goodness that is sure to please your taste buds!
Whenever I have a sweet tooth and don’t feel like baking, I usually take a shortcut and go for a no bake dessert like a fruit tart or cookie dough balls. No bake treats are usually much easier to prepare and although sometimes they might take longer since you have to leave some recipes refrigerated for a while, the end result is worth the extra waiting.
I must say I fell in love with this no bake cake recipe some years ago and I find that the best part (apart from the delicious taste) is that you only need a little slice to feel completely satisfied.
However, when I first started to prepare this particular no bake cake I thought I would only do two layers (the crust and a strawberry topping) but then I found some cashews in the cupboard and decided to use those too. Then I saw an avocado in the fridge and wondered if that wouldn’t be a great addition. So I ended up with a four-layer no bake cake!
Even though I thought it would be simple to add a few more layers, I ended up having to wash the food processor after each layer and wait for the mixture to harden in the refrigerator so I could add the next layer. But the result was absolutely fabulous and totally worth the effort!
Each layer offers a unique texture that perfectly complements the other. The crunchy crust, soft orange mousse, decadent chocolate cream, and strawberry topping combine to create a perfectly rich and delicious treat. Yum!
Chocolate & Strawberry Layered No Bake Cake (Paleo & Vegan):
Chocolate & Strawberry Layered No Bake Cake (Paleo & Vegan)
Orange Cashew Mousse
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse a few times until roughly ground.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse again until the dough begins to come together.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and distribute the mixture on the bottom.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes and rinse the food processor.
Orange Cashew Mousse
- Drain the cashews.
- Place all the ingredients in the processor and blend until you get a soft mousse.
- Pour over the crust and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Wash the food processor.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and mix well.
- Distribute the cream over the cashew layer and place in the freezer for another hour. Rinse the processor again.
- Puree the strawberries, and add the chia seeds and honey.
- Set aside for at least 30 minutes so the seeds absorb the juice in the strawberries.
- Top the cake with the strawberry mixture and take to the fridge for 1 hour more before serving.