This is one of my favorite morning smoothie recipes! It’s tasty, easy to make and has high protein and healthy fats which help you to stay full in the morning and avoid a late morning blood sugar crash (like many people experience after having a breakfast low in protein and high in sugar or carbs).
This recipe includes grass-fed collagen hydrolysate gelatin for protein. This is a form of water-soluble gelatin that is a great supplement with beneficial amino acids and protein that can support joint, hair and skin health.
If you are on the autoimmune paleo diet, this can be a fun breakfast to have if you are tired of meat and veggies.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (Paleo & AIP)
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup pureed cooked pumpkin (you can also sub a medium cooked sweet potato)
- 3 tbsp grass-fed collagen gelatin (adds protein and is great for skin, joints and more!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (adds a metabolic boost!)
- ¼ of an avocado (adds creaminess)
- 1-2 drops thieves essential oil (Adds an immune boost and tastes like pumpkin pie spice-only use Young Living internally, Omit for AIP)
- Combine all ingredients in a smoothie and blend. Add water or ice cubes to reach desired consistency.
Get My FREE 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan to your inbox!
Get instant access to my 4-week paleo meal plan when you subscribe!
Plus you'll also get updates on my new healthy real food recipes, nutrition articles and more!