I’m totally addicted to this paleo ranch dressing recipe! I’ve been putting it on everything! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if you try it.
If you’re paleo, vegan, dairy free or have a hard time tolerating dairy, this paleo ranch dressing is perfect for you. It still has that creamy rich texture of ranch and the flavor of herbs like parsley and dill…all without the dairy!
I use this full fat canned coconut milk for this recipe because it’s very thick and creamy and it’s pretty easy to disguise the coconut flavor with herbs and spices. Make sure you don’t get light coconut milk because it will be too watery, plus the fat in coconut milk is good for you!
This recipe is not quite as thick as some of the more mayo textured ranch dressings that you sometimes see because I prefer to be able to easily pour it over salad. I may play around with creating a thicker version in the future.
Paleo Ranch Dressing (dairy free, vegan):
- You will need a hand blender for this recipe to emulsify the dressing. You can also use a blender.
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk like this
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (make sure it's raw like this brand so you get the health benefits)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp of the following herbs: parsley, dill, chives (dried or fresh chopped--fresh will lend a better flavor)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Make sure you shake the can of coconut milk before opening, so it's not separated.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut milk, apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Use a hand blender or blender to emulsify the liquids and mix the oil together with the other ingredients.
- Add the herbs, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to the liquids and blend.
- This recipe creates a more liquidy ranch dressing than some of the more thick mayo textured ranch dressings because I like to be able to easily pour it over salads. I may play around with creating a thicker recipe later.
- Keep the dressing in a jar in the fridge. It will last for at least a week if not more. I've had mine in the fridge for about that long and it's still great!
Get My FREE "6 Easy Tips to Quit Sugar" Guide!
Get instant access when you subscribe!